- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Woman killed in crash
- Spain arrests man with vast child porn haul
- Malaysia shows improvement in Maths and Science More
KUALA LUMPUR: Weststar Maxus Sdn Bhd is among nine Malaysian participants in the IndoDefence 2012 tri-services exhibition at the Jakarta International Expo in Kemayoran.
Weststar Maxus, a member of Weststar Group of Companies, is part of the 1Malaysia Pavilion for the exhibition held concurrently with IndoAerospace 2012 and the IndoMarine Expo & Forum that kicked-off on Wednesday and ends of Saturday.
"The Weststar Group, via Weststar Maxus, is proud to be supporting the Malaysian Industry Council For Defence, Enforcement and Security (MIDES), under the guidance of the Defence Ministry through our participation.
“Our presence is also aligned with the Malaysian Defence Minister's vision, that is supported by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak to promote local Malaysian businesses outside Malaysia," said Weststar Group Automotive Division senior vice-president Datuk Nik Hamdan Nik Hassan.
The Weststar Maxus V80 is currently being utilised in the Malaysian Army, with a total of 100 passenger vans and 40 ambulances having been supplied in 2010.
Nik Hamdan believed the Indonesian defence forces could equally benefit from the robustness and versatility of the vehicles.
“Fittingly, the showpiece unit displayed during IndoDefence will be a 15-seater Weststar Maxus V80 passenger van emblazoned with the Tentera Darat name and logo sticker.
“In line with its mission to become the biggest automotive provider in its category within the region, Weststar Maxus is also in the midst of finalising details for the launch of the V80 to the Indonesian market, and will see the event as an ideal stepping stone towards earmarking dealerships for the Weststar Maxus V80 in Indonesia,” he said.
Weststar Maxus will be among the biggest participants under the 1Malaysia Pavilion, with 30 square metres of allocated booth space, and will be the only automotive representative for Malaysia.
Local companies from the aerospace, maritime, weaponry, information communications technology and common goods industries are also participating in the exhibition under the 1Malaysia Pavilion.