Singapore to impose RM20 Road Charge on foreign vehicles at entry checkpoints starting Feb 1516 January 2017 @ 2:54 PM
JOHOR BARU: The Singapore government will impose a new Reciprocal Road Charge (RRC) of S$6.40 (RM20) on all foreign-registered cars entering the Woodlands and Tuas checkpoints starting Feb 15.
Singapore's Land Transport Authority (LTA) said that the RRC mirrors Malaysia’s Road Charge of RM20 per entry for foreign cars entering via Johor, which was implemented on Nov 1 last year.
Pagoh bus crash: Survivor R. Nagadevan recalls events of the horrific accident25 December 2016 @ 6:57 PM
MUAR: "Almost everyone on board the bus was sound asleep, and they were not ready to brace for impact," recalls one of the survivors of the Pagoh bus crash, R. Nagadevan, 26.
Nagadevan suffered fractured ribs and a fractured spine, and severe cuts on both of his legs and on his mouth when he was thrown to the front of the bus upon impact.
"I was sleeping at the time, and I was awoken when the bus started to wobble before flying down the slope and hitting the ground hard," he said.
All 145 public hospitals nationwide under scrutiny in wake of deadly Johor blaze25 October 2016 @ 5:26 PM
JOHOR BARU: The safety and crisis management procedures of all 145 public hospitals nationwide are set to undergo scrutiny by a special squad under the Health Ministry.
The move comes in the wake of the Sultanah Aminah Hospital fire this morning that left six people dead.
Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam, who arrived at the hospital around 4pm, spent about 30 minutes being briefed on the fire that destroyed its Intensive Care Unit at the second floor of the hospital's main building.
Four immigrants drown as boat ferrying Indonesians capsize in Kota Tinggi24 July 2016 @ 10:16 AM
JOHOR BARU: Four people drowned while 33 others survived when a boat ferrying a group of Indonesians capsized off Pantai Batu Layar, Kota Tinggi at 11pm last night.
Bandar Penawar Fire and Rescue operation commander Azlan Mohd Sobri said the four boat passengers who drowned comprised three women and a man.
"Their bodies were fished out of the water around 7.25am and were sent by police to the hospital," said Azlan, adding that the survivors were 25 men and eight women who were sent to the Tanjung Sepang army camp for further action.
Mourners brave rain along procession route to Royal Mausoleum6 December 2015 @ 1:42 PM
JOHOR BARU: The remains of Tunku Laksamana Johor Tunku Abdul Jalil Sultan Ibrahim passed through a 3km route from Istana Besar towards the Mahmoodiah Royal Mausoleum.
The Sultan of Johor Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar led the group which carried the royal hearse bearing his son's remains.
Tunku Mahkota Johor Tunku Ismail and Tunku Temenggong Johor Tunku Idris accompanied Tunku Abdul Jalil's remains in the royal hearse.
Intruders flee when captain sounds ship’s alarm15 October 2015 @ 4:50 PM
JOHOR BARU: The six robbers who boarded oil tanker MT Almi Spirit this morning fled when the ship's captain sounded the alarm as they entered the its main engine room.
Johor Baru District Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) enforcement chief, Maritime Captain Aminuddin Abdul Rashid said all 26 crew on board - four Ukrainians including the captain in his 50s and 22 other Filipinos - were safe and unharmed.
The ship is now anchored 4 nautical miles off Tanjung Pelepas.
Haze: Schools in Johor, Malacca to be closed tomorrow28 September 2015 @ 7:25 PM
JOHOR BARU: All primary and secondary schools in Johor and Malacca will be closed tomorrow due to the worsening air quality which has reached unhealthy levels in the two states.
Education Ministry in a statement said directive has been given to the state education authorities for the closure of 1,178 schools in Johor, which will affect 618,326 students.
The same directive was given for the 314 schools in Malacca which will affect 156,635 students.
Sabah Quake: Heavy fog deters search operation8 June 2015 @ 11:05 AM
RANAU: The operation to find the two missing Singaporean had to be put on hold due to the heavy fog on Mount Kinabalu today.
A police source said the operation had to be temporarily postponed due to the bad weather condition that could put the rescue personnel’s safety at risk.
According to the police source, the moping up operation would continue once the weather returns back to normal.
Yesterday, Sabah Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun said there were still two missing victims and both of them are Singaporean.
Sabah Quake: Police confirm death toll stands at 136 June 2015 @ 6:54 PM
RANAU: Police have confirm the numbers of death tolls from the Mount Kinabalu quake victims currently stands at 13 bodies.
It was reported that 19 climbers including a group of students did not return to the Timpohon base camp after 173 safely returned to the base camp yesterday.
District police chief Mohd Farhan Lee Abdullah said four more bodies were brought down today from the Laban Rata point where the search and rescue team discovered 11 bodies scattered among a piles of rubbles.
The Royal Bathing ceremony21 March 2015 @ 5:37 PM
JOHOR BARU: Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar and his consort Raja Zarith Sofiah Sultan Idris Shah attended the Siram Tabal (royal bath) ceremony held at Istana Besar at 3pm today.
The ceremony is a symbolic event carried out before the coronation ceremony to be held at Bukit Bintang compound at Istana Besar on Monday.
Basically, the ceremony is held to ward off bad luck and misfortunes from the Sultan and his family and ensure everything will be smooth during his reign.