- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Cries of anguish as death toll reaches 130
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- UK tourist recounts 'hellish' time in Sri Lanka over Buddha tattoo
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MB retracts statement, confuse Syabas More
KUALA LUMPUR: The '2013 1 Million Women Purple Walk', scheduled to take place simultaneously nationwide on March 10, is postponed following the armed intrusion in Lahad Datu and several other locations in Sabah.
Women, Family and Community Development Deputy Minister Datuk Noriah Kasnon, in a statement today said, the event would be held at a date to be decided later.
"On behalf of the ministry, I have postponed the event due to the situation taking place in Lahad Datu and several other locations in Sabah," she said.
The event, in conjunction with the 2013 International Women's Day celebration, was expected to be opened by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.-- B