- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- MISSING MH370: How can jet disappear?
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Boeing joining Malaysia crash investigation
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: A missing plane and emotional reunion on Twitter
- MISSING MH370: China 'deploys satellites' in search for Malaysia plane
- MISSING MH370: Help from bomohs must be in accordance to Islam
- MISSING MH370: MAS to allocate 31,000 Yuan financial assistance
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: No objects found More
100 percent water rate increase shows Penang state govt is arrogant
GEORGE TOWN: Newly-appointed Penang Federal Action Council chairman Datuk Zainal Abidin Othman said the state government was being arrogant when it approved a 100 percent increase in water conservation surcharge (WCS).
He said the state government was being cruel to the people when it raised the water surcharge.
"This is the problem with the State Pakatan Rakyat government.
"They have abused the mandate given to them by the people," he told reporters today.
He was asked on the two-fold water increase from 24 sen to 48 sen per litre for consumption above 35,000 litres a month as announced by Penang Water Supply Corporation last week.
The new rate will take effect from Sept 1.