- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
100 percent water rate increase shows Penang state govt is arrogant
GEORGE TOWN: Newly-appointed Penang Federal Action Council chairman Datuk Zainal Abidin Othman said the state government was being arrogant when it approved a 100 percent increase in water conservation surcharge (WCS).
He said the state government was being cruel to the people when it raised the water surcharge.
"This is the problem with the State Pakatan Rakyat government.
"They have abused the mandate given to them by the people," he told reporters today.
He was asked on the two-fold water increase from 24 sen to 48 sen per litre for consumption above 35,000 litres a month as announced by Penang Water Supply Corporation last week.
The new rate will take effect from Sept 1.