- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MH370 : Statement from MAS chief executive
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370 : Previous MAS crashes and near misses
- MISSING MH370 : Pix gallery
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MH370 : Plane has been missing for 13 hours now
- MISSING MH370 : Nationalities of 239 passengers and crew
- MISSING MH370 : Family members keep vigil at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- MISSING MH370 : MMEA deploys SAR team
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
KUANTAN: Twelve individuals, including the wife and four children of alleged deviationist sect leader Harun Mat Saat, were issued with warrants of arrest after they failed to turn up at the Lower Syariah Court here on Tuesday.
The suspects, believed to be followers of Harun, 47, who allegedly named himself "Tuhan Harun", were supposed to have been charged on Tuesday.
They were also required to help facilitate investigations after they were released on April 5 by the Pahang Islamic Religious Department (Jaip).
The absentees were Harun's third wife Azida Mohd Zol, 30; daughter Mahni, 12; sister-in-law Shuzliana Mokhtarudin, 29, and his sons - Muhammad, 21; Lukman, 20, and Saufi, 18.
The others are Norhairi Harun, 41; Khairul Amir Akasah, 34; Norhafizah Mohd Azam, 28; Farhaien Othman, 22; Mohamad Ghazali Fitri Mohd Azam, 25, and Mohd Tirmizi Othman, 17.
Jaip enforcement head Ahmad Rafli Abdul Malik said they were among those nabbed during the April 4 raid at some premises in Lorong Pandan Damai here.
He said efforts to contact their handphone numbers proved futile, while their bailors could not be traced.
"We hope they will surrender as Jaip will work closely with its counterparts in other states and the police to trace them," he told reporters here yesterday.
He said initial investigations revealed that Harun, who claimed that he was "Tuhan 2013" (God of 2013) and practised deviationist teachings, had a total of 312 followers nationwide.
Jaip is also searching for Harun's right-hand man Ahmad@Zuraidi Awang, 41.
"We have their names and have called some of them. We are also monitoring the premises used to spread the teachings," he said, adding that Jaip enforcement team had also raided two other premises in Jalan Bukit Ubi and Indera Mahkota here.
During the raids, he said Jaip officers found some vital evidence on the teachings.
On Tuesday, six followers pleaded guilty at the Lower Syariah Court to charges of possessing materials contravening Islamic teachings.