- Over 100,000 participate in anti-govt rally, Thai election on Feb 2
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Gunmen kill eight Kenyans near Somali border: police
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro
- First catenary traffic light launched
- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash More
12-year-old boy believed drowned after falling into drain
KUALA LUMPUR - A 12-year-old boy is believed to have drowned after slipping into a 1.4 metre ditch near a row of shophouses in Jalan Bunga Tanjung, Pandan Indah, during heavy rain this evening.
Witnesses said the boy was said to have been carried away by the floodwater when he fell in the ditch after crossing a road nearby with a friend.
Selangor Fire and Rescue chief Mohamad Sani Harul said the department received a call on the incident at 6.40pm.
He said two fire trucks with six members rushed to the scene to find the boy with the help of Malaysian Civil Defence Corp, he said in a short messaging system to Bernama, tonight. However, todate, the victim, whose identity is yet to be known, has not been found. An operation to find the boy in the Ampang and Cheras area is still on-going.
Ampang Jaya police chief ACP Amiruddin Jamaluddin when contacted said the victim was carried away by strong currents and believed to have been drowned. -- Bernama