- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
12-year old girl takes bleach due to poser on parentage
IPOH: A 12-year-old girl who was constantly teased for having lighter skin tone than her Indian parents, is now fighting for her life at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital here after she was believed to have consumed bleach.
The girl is however reported to be in a stable condition.
She recently made it into the news after her identity was questioned by the National Registration Department when she applied for her MyKad.
Her mother, 60, claimed that the NRD refused to issue her the MyKad because the girl had different skin colour from her parents.
The mother also claimed that the NRD had asked for a DNA test to be conducted to prove that the girl was her biological daughter.
Buntong assemblyman, A Sivasubramaniam, who is currently at the hospital with the family, said the girl had consumed the bleach after she was teased by her friends on her family background and her failure to obtain the IC.
"I was told the girl had gone to the shop to get something. While there, some people asked her on the matter.
"When she went home, she confronted her mother on the matter but did not get answers.
"It was then she decided to lock herself in the room and consume the bleach," he said.
Sivasubramaniam said the doctors said the girl was responding to treatment.
However, the extent of damage caused by the bleach to her internal organs could only be known in a few days time.