- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Denmark’s de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Couple want missing daughter to return home More
BUTTERWORTH -- A 14-year-old youth was among 186 who were detained in a Special Operation of the Federal Traffic Chief in Bagan Ajam, near here, last night.
Bukit Aman Traffic Enforcement officer, ASP Kuzir Abdul Majid said the youth was held for riding a motorcycle without a licence, in the 11pm to 1am operation, at the North Butterworth Outer Ring Road's Rest and Recreation area.
"The youth will be taken to the traffic police station with the motorcycle for investigation.
"We will investigate the owner of the motorcycle and if we find the owner is his next of kin, the next of kin will be summoned for allowing an underaged person to ride a motorcycle," he told a press conference, here, today. He said the integrated operation involved the Bukit Aman traffic police, Penang Police Contingent Headquarters, Road Transport Department and Narcotics. -- Bernama