- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- 14 arrested for corruption offences
- Investments up 44%
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Three people killed in road accident More
SIB: The Nangka state constituency here, will receive a 1Malaysia clinic.
According to its State Assemblyman, Associate Professor Dr Anuar Haji Rapae'e, a premise in Kampung Bandung here had already been identified, and was suitable for setting up the clinic.
"A complete report regarding the construction of the clinic will be ready within two weeks and it will be presented to the state government for immediate approval.
"The cost for renovating the identified site is estimated to be around RM15,000 and it is expected to be ready by the end of this year", he told reporters after "An Evening with Sibu Veterans" program, here yesterday.
Four 1Malaysia Clinics have been built here to date, one each in the Bawang Assan, Pahlawan, Bukit Assek and Dudong state constituencies.
Commenting on a suggestion made earlier by a participant in the programme calling for the government to establish a 1Malaysia Hardware Store, Dr Anuar said he did see the need for such a store to be established here.
He said this was because the store would be able to supply hardware related products at reasonable prices. BERNAMA