- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- 5 killed in crash
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- FMM supports maintaining Saturday, Sunday as weekends in Selangor More
1MDB Foundation extended aid totalling RM160,000
DUNGUN: The 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) Foundation today extended aid totalling RM160,000 to 1,000 fishermen, farmers, and disabled and elderly people from the Dungun parliamentary constituency.
The recipients get between RM100 and RM200 each and household items to help ease their burden, said Ihsan Perdana Head of Media and Public Relations Datuk Zahari Sulaiman.
He said the 1MDB Foundation has allocated RM160,000 for each parliamentary constituency to be distributed to the needy.
The 1MDB Foundation also give out aid for medical treatment and education, he told reporters at the presentation of the aid at an Aidilfitri open house hosted by the Umno Dungun division here today.
The aid was handed out by Umno Supreme Council member Datuk Idris Haron who is also Member of Parliament for Tangga Batu, Malacca.
Present was Member of Parliament for Dungun Datuk Matulidi Jusoh and Dungun Umno division chief Datuk Dr Rosli Mat Hassan. - Bernama