- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- Waterspouts spotted off Lido Beach in Johor
- Court dismisses defamation suit by Gardenia
- Man high on wanted list shot dead by police
- New lead in Shaharuddin's probe
- Lim: Penang Pas unhappy with PKR, not DAP
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- Property bubble: fact or fantasy?
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- PMR results out on Dec 19
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one More
SERDANG -- 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) is to sponsor 400 imams and chairmen of village development and security committees for the Haj pilgrimage this year, a four-fold increase from the 100 last year, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced today.
He made the announcement when addressing imams and mosque committee members from around the country at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) here.
Najib also announced the distribution of cloth material for 14,254 imams and 138,746 members of mosque committees nationwide to make robes, as well as two containers of "zam-zam" water for all mosques in the country.
The prime minister said he had personally selected the high quality cloth material and added that it would be distributed early so that the recipients can have the special robes tailored in time for Aidilfitri. -- Bernama