- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- 5 killed in crash
- Spanish 'ghost' airport goes up for sale
- Egypt's General El-Sisi voted Person of the Year by Time readers
- Neocolonialism of our place names
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Teenage boy drowns after getting trapped in quicksand
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on
- HOCKEY: Malaysian Juniors beat England 4-2 in New Delhi
- Lite and less More
IPOH: Two people were killed in separate accidents in Parit Buntar and Taiping yesterday and today.
Taiping police chief, ACP Yusof Mohd Diah said in today's incident at 6.30am at Km 230 of the North-South Expressway, near Taiping, production operator
Mashitah Ahmad Ridzuan died at the scene after her husband lost control of the car he was driving and it hit the railing.
Mashitah, from Ipoh, had serious head injuries while her husband, Rodzi Harun, 30, was slightly injured. Her body was sent to Taiping Hospital.
They were heading south when the accident happened.
In another incident which occurred at Km 185.5 of the expressway, near Taiping, at 6.18pm yesterday, car passenger K. Dorasingam, 66, was killed and
three others injured when the car they were travelling in, skidded and landed in a ravine.
Kerian police chief, Supt Mat Fauzi Nayan said Dorasingam, from Kamunting, Taiping had serious head injuries and his body was sent to Parit Buntar Hospital
where the injured also sought treatment. -- BERNAMA