- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Celebrations on hold
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain More
TUARAN: Two men were killed and two others injured after the Kancil car they were travelling in was involved in a head-on accident with a lorry at Km7 of Jalan Sulaman here today.
Tuaran Fire & Rescue Station acting chief Faidizal Abbullah said the dead were front-seat passenger Shalizan Azman, 33, and a rear-seat passenger, Khairul Atdeen Shah, in his 20s.
The injured driver of the car, Abdul Jumat Abdul Hussin, 23, and the other rear-seat passenger, Hairul Matiasin, 34, were rushed to Tuaran Hospital in an ambulance, he told Bernama.
The lorry driver was unhurt, he said.
"The car was going from Kota Kinabalu to Tuaran while the 10-tonne lorry was going in the opposition direction when the accident happened at 7.40 am," he said.
Faidizal said nine firemen were sent in a truck to the scene of the accident and they helped to remove the bodies and the injured who were trapped in the car. -- BERNAMA