- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- Kajang voters have opportunity to elect a responsible assemblyman
- Johor disputes Singapore's statement over water rights
- Forest fire affects water source in Kampung Raja
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- Anwar sodomy case: IGP warns of stern action against those holding illegal assemblies
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- Imported water from Malaysia remains essential part of Singapore's water supply
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right More
2 roads in Sg Patani to be closed during Thaipusam
SUNGAI PETANI: Two roads in Sungai Patani will be closed in conjunction with Thaipusam, police said.
Kuala Muda Traffic chief DSP Ahmad Kamil Ahmad said some roads around Jalan Sekerat and Jalan Kuala Ketil would be closed from 5pm to 12 midnight on Feb 6-8.
In Jalan Kuala Ketil, the closure will involve the Jalan Ibrahim/Jalan Kuala Ketil junction until the road beside the Sungai Patani Police station, depending on the traffic, from 8am until 12 midnight, on Feb 6-7.
"These roads will be fully closed from 6pm until the procession is over, on Feb 8," he told reporters at the Kuala Muda Police headquarters here, today.
He said bus operators would have to relocate to Jalan Kampung Baru while commercial premises owners must vacate parking bays for visitors to the festival.
Ahmad Kamil said, in conjunction with Maulidul Rasul, a section of Jalan Kolam Air in front of Sultan Muzaffar Shah Mosque until Dataran Zero at Jalan Ibrahim would be used for the procession from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday. -- BERNAMA