- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Man died while trying to save a puppy
- Proton eyes China production
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- Search to go on, says Aussie PM More
2 roads in Sg Patani to be closed during Thaipusam
SUNGAI PETANI: Two roads in Sungai Patani will be closed in conjunction with Thaipusam, police said.
Kuala Muda Traffic chief DSP Ahmad Kamil Ahmad said some roads around Jalan Sekerat and Jalan Kuala Ketil would be closed from 5pm to 12 midnight on Feb 6-8.
In Jalan Kuala Ketil, the closure will involve the Jalan Ibrahim/Jalan Kuala Ketil junction until the road beside the Sungai Patani Police station, depending on the traffic, from 8am until 12 midnight, on Feb 6-7.
"These roads will be fully closed from 6pm until the procession is over, on Feb 8," he told reporters at the Kuala Muda Police headquarters here, today.
He said bus operators would have to relocate to Jalan Kampung Baru while commercial premises owners must vacate parking bays for visitors to the festival.
Ahmad Kamil said, in conjunction with Maulidul Rasul, a section of Jalan Kolam Air in front of Sultan Muzaffar Shah Mosque until Dataran Zero at Jalan Ibrahim would be used for the procession from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday. -- BERNAMA