- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Taiwan, Japan, Denmark in Sudirman Cup quarterfinals
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Pepsi to march in, as foreign troops leave Afghanistan
- Philippines approves three new wind farms More
2 roads in Sg Patani to be closed during Thaipusam
SUNGAI PETANI: Two roads in Sungai Patani will be closed in conjunction with Thaipusam, police said.
Kuala Muda Traffic chief DSP Ahmad Kamil Ahmad said some roads around Jalan Sekerat and Jalan Kuala Ketil would be closed from 5pm to 12 midnight on Feb 6-8.
In Jalan Kuala Ketil, the closure will involve the Jalan Ibrahim/Jalan Kuala Ketil junction until the road beside the Sungai Patani Police station, depending on the traffic, from 8am until 12 midnight, on Feb 6-7.
"These roads will be fully closed from 6pm until the procession is over, on Feb 8," he told reporters at the Kuala Muda Police headquarters here, today.
He said bus operators would have to relocate to Jalan Kampung Baru while commercial premises owners must vacate parking bays for visitors to the festival.
Ahmad Kamil said, in conjunction with Maulidul Rasul, a section of Jalan Kolam Air in front of Sultan Muzaffar Shah Mosque until Dataran Zero at Jalan Ibrahim would be used for the procession from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday. -- BERNAMA