- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- 'No place for Shia'
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
2 roads in Sg Patani to be closed during Thaipusam
SUNGAI PETANI: Two roads in Sungai Patani will be closed in conjunction with Thaipusam, police said.
Kuala Muda Traffic chief DSP Ahmad Kamil Ahmad said some roads around Jalan Sekerat and Jalan Kuala Ketil would be closed from 5pm to 12 midnight on Feb 6-8.
In Jalan Kuala Ketil, the closure will involve the Jalan Ibrahim/Jalan Kuala Ketil junction until the road beside the Sungai Patani Police station, depending on the traffic, from 8am until 12 midnight, on Feb 6-7.
"These roads will be fully closed from 6pm until the procession is over, on Feb 8," he told reporters at the Kuala Muda Police headquarters here, today.
He said bus operators would have to relocate to Jalan Kampung Baru while commercial premises owners must vacate parking bays for visitors to the festival.
Ahmad Kamil said, in conjunction with Maulidul Rasul, a section of Jalan Kolam Air in front of Sultan Muzaffar Shah Mosque until Dataran Zero at Jalan Ibrahim would be used for the procession from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday. -- BERNAMA