- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Syabas: Water cut needed to upgrade treatment plant
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO More
DENGKIL: Twenty PAS and PKR members from Kampung Dato Abu Bakar Baginda in Dengkil returned to UMNO after losing faith in the opposition coalition, Pakatan Rakyat.
Former PAS member, Akhiah Samidin, 57, said Pakatan Rakyat leaders made empty promises to deceive the voters during the 12th General Election but did not fulfill any of them for the villagers.
"We were deceived by the opposition's political propaganda at the time. We have returned to UMNO willingly. We realise that Pakatan Rakyat has no clear plans for the people and only Barisan Nasional can ensure the future of our younger generations," he told reporters last night.
The group of former PAS and PKR members handed their UMNO membership forms to Dengkil state assemblyman Datuk Marsum Paing, who reminded voters not to fall for the opposition's short-term plans at every general election.
"Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak's leadership places "People First, Performance Now". BN fulfills all its promises and we only promise what can be delivered. We don't promise the moon and the stars," he added. -- BERNAMA