- Muhyiddin: Arrest of 3 meant to safeguard peace
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- Suspicion grows over swift selection of MB
- Siti Hanisah conquers world's highest peak
- Obama sets new rules for drone attacks More
20 students scalded in an explosion during a barbecue at school
KUALA LUMPUR: Twenty Form Four and Form Five stu dents of a school at Taman Mulia, Bandar Tun Razak here were scalded when an explosion happened at a barbecue stove as they were preparing food to celebrate Aidilfitri at the school compound on Friday.
Three of them were seriously injured in the 9.45am incident
One of the victims, Mohd Hidayat Mohd Yazid, 16, said he and a few others were trying to start a fire for the barbecue when a teacher told them to use 'thinner' to get it lit faster.
"The explosion happened when the teacher poured thinner onto the flames a second time. Three students and I were badly injured in the incident, while the teacher was also scalded," he said when met at his home at Bandar Tun Razak here.
The injured were sent to the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Hospital by teachers at the school.
Mohd Hidayat was scalded in the legs and hands and received out-patient treatment together with the teacher, while his three colleagues were warded at the same hos pital.
Cheras deputy police chief Supt Abd Rahim Hamzah confirmed receiving a report on the incident and the case was being investigated. - Bernama