- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Three people killed in road accident
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists More
SUNGAI PETANI: Fed up with the unfulfilled promises of PAS leaders, 25 party members from Kampung Teluk Che Lela and Kampung Gelam, here, joined Umno after more than 15 years with PAS.
One of them, Abdul Mutalib Jaafar, 55, from Kampung Gelam, said he made the decision after discussing it with some friends.
"I had voted for PAS in the last three general elections but after a long thought, I decided to join Umno as PAS has failed to do its best for the party members," he said, here, yesterday.
Abdul Mutalib had earlier handed over his Umno membership form to Merbok Umno division head Datuk Tajul Urus Md. Zain at the Kampung Teluk Che Lela Bujang Umno hall.
Tajul Urus said he was impressed with the guts of the PAS members and supporters who quit PAS and joined Umno.
"If other Malays can do the same, Umno will be more solid and stronger, including in Merbok," he said. -- BERNAMA