- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
KUALA LUMPUR: The K-Pop girl group that made headlines worldwide for its edgy music and unique fashion style, 2NE1 will be making their stop in Malaysia for their 2NE1 Global Tour 2012 - New Evolution concert on December 8 at Stadium Melawati.
The Korean group, which is one of the most influential in the world, is made up of four distinct individuals: CL, Dara, Park Bom and Minzy.
Embarking on their first ever world tour, 2NE1 has achieved the distinction of being the first Korean girl group to hold a world tour.
The group has collaborated with world-renowned names such as The Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am, and fashion designer, Jeremy Scott, and gained recognition for their immense talent and influence by bagging MTV Iggy’s “Best New Band in the World” award in 2011.
Guaranteed to be a tour that Black Jacks, as 2NE1 fans are called, will not forget, 2NE1 Global Tour 2012 - New Evo lution is set to be an amazing spectacle that will far exceed fans’ expectations, bringing an epic and world-class performance.
Coming together to help create the tour is the ultimate dream team consisting of four-time winner of the MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography, Travis Payne, who will be leading production and choreography, Divinity Roxx (musical director and bassist for Beyonce’s world tour), leader of the band following 2NE1 on tour, Michael Cotten (production design for the Olympic Games and Michael Jackson’s This Is It tour) who will be staging a breath-taking production for the tour, and head costume designer and stylist, Jeremy Scott who has worked for Madonna and Lady Gaga.
2NE1 Global Tour 2012 - New Evolution kicked off in Seoul on July 28 and 29 at the Seoul Olympic stadium to an audience of 20,000 fans, and will be brought to 10 cities in seven countries throughout Asia, the Americas and Europe.
Ticket sales for the Malaysian concert start on Oct 27. Regular updates on the sales will be posted on www.facebook.com/runningintothesun and @RITSmy on Twitter.
Strictly a one-night only show with no further addition of tickets, this concert will mark the first time ever that 2NE1 are coming to Malaysia.
2NE1 Global Tour 2012 in Malaysia - New Evolution is managed by YG Entertainment and organised by Running Into The Sun.