- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- KL vehicle number plates to start with W, ends with A
- Moyes is the real deal
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Apek back in the dock More
KUCHING -- A helicopter, Eurocopter EC 120, believed to be owned by a corporate figure, which was flying enroute to Nanga Merit from Kuching International Airport (KIA), was reported to have crashed near the Lingga estuary, Sri Aman, here, today.
Sarawak Police Commisioner Datuk Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani, who confirmed the incident to Bernama, said according to the Civil Aviation Department the aircraft, which was piloted by a foreigner, had taken off with three passengers at 8.57am.
He said a group of fishermen came to the rescue of the pilot, who had swum for four hours near the river estuary, and brought him to Kampung Tebelu, Sebuyau.
Marine Police and Malaysia Maritime Enforcement Agency have launched a search and rescue mission for the missing three passengers, he said. -- BERNAMA