- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- 40ha of forest land razed in 12-hour forest fire
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Ancelotti mulls future, praises Beckham
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- National hockey squad ready for world league semifinals More
KUCHING -- A helicopter, Eurocopter EC 120, believed to be owned by a corporate figure, which was flying enroute to Nanga Merit from Kuching International Airport (KIA), was reported to have crashed near the Lingga estuary, Sri Aman, here, today.
Sarawak Police Commisioner Datuk Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani, who confirmed the incident to Bernama, said according to the Civil Aviation Department the aircraft, which was piloted by a foreigner, had taken off with three passengers at 8.57am.
He said a group of fishermen came to the rescue of the pilot, who had swum for four hours near the river estuary, and brought him to Kampung Tebelu, Sebuyau.
Marine Police and Malaysia Maritime Enforcement Agency have launched a search and rescue mission for the missing three passengers, he said. -- BERNAMA