- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- Cops seize fake firearms
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Clearing up the wreckage
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark More
3 more suspects nabbed over building contractor's murder
SHAH ALAM: Three more suspects were nabbed on Tuesday in connection with the murder of a building contractor who was set upon by a gang over a RM30 debt in Puchong.
Selangor deputy CID chief Assistant Commissioner Rosli Mohd Isa said the three were picked up at several locations in the district early on Tuesday.
Several hours earlier, two others were nabbed and they tested positive for drug abuse. Police also found a bat, believed to be the murder weapon, in the car belonging to one of the suspects. All five suspects have been remanded for a week to facilitate investigations.
The victim, Mohd Khairul Anuar Osman, 28, succumbed to his injuries at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital on Sunday.
The victim's housemate told police that two men came to their rented house in Jalan Puchong Utama 2/1, Taman Perindustrian Puchong Utama at 4.30am on Saturday.
The two, armed with baseball bats, bashed the victim in the living room before fleeing.
It was learnt that the victim and the suspect, both renovation contractors, had a fight over a RM30 debt which was owed to Khairul.