- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- 14 arrested for corruption offences
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk More
LAHAD DATU: Three women were drowned when their boat capsized off Kahapan beach here at noon today, police said.
Lahad Datu OCPD Supt Samsudin Mat said they had been identified as Noristikoma Sadik, 18, Norhayati Hasan, 50, and Ani Udin, 17.
He said prior to the incident, the victims and several others who are related to one another, came to the beach for a picnic in conjunction with the Workers' Day holiday.
They were in a boat for a sight-seeing when the mishap occurred, he said, adding that they were not wearing any safety jacket.
The rest managed to swim to safety while the three, who did not know how to swim, had drowned. Another victim, Esa Sahid, 36, was rescued and sent to
Lahad Datu Hospital and reported to be in stable condition.
The bodies of Noristikoma and Norhayati were found near the spot where the boat had capsized. Ani died on the way to the hospital. -- BERNAMA