- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- FLOOD: East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills More
LAHAD DATU: Three women were drowned when their boat capsized off Kahapan beach here at noon today, police said.
Lahad Datu OCPD Supt Samsudin Mat said they had been identified as Noristikoma Sadik, 18, Norhayati Hasan, 50, and Ani Udin, 17.
He said prior to the incident, the victims and several others who are related to one another, came to the beach for a picnic in conjunction with the Workers' Day holiday.
They were in a boat for a sight-seeing when the mishap occurred, he said, adding that they were not wearing any safety jacket.
The rest managed to swim to safety while the three, who did not know how to swim, had drowned. Another victim, Esa Sahid, 36, was rescued and sent to
Lahad Datu Hospital and reported to be in stable condition.
The bodies of Noristikoma and Norhayati were found near the spot where the boat had capsized. Ani died on the way to the hospital. -- BERNAMA