- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- 14 arrested for corruption offences
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Investments up 44% More
300 heart specialists to attend cardiopulmonary bypass conference in Kuching
KUCHING: More than 300 people are expected to participate in the seventh Biennial Conference on Cardiopulmonary Bypass over three days from June 29 here.
The conference, carrying the theme 'New Frontiers and the Extra Mile', would be an avenue for sharing new knowledge in cardiopulmonary bypass, its chairperson, Dr Norzalina Esa, said in a statement today.
"This forms part of the specialty's commitment in its continuous efforts to develop professional knowledge and enhance research in the field of medicine," she said.
Speakers from Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines will be among the experts invited to join their Malaysian counterparts to deliberate on their new findings at the conference.
"This three-day scientific programme combines various topics which will be delivered in a mix of plenary lectures and symposiums," Dr Norzalina said. -- BERNAMA