- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Yang di-Pertua Negeri among thousands to bid farewell
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium More
KUALA LUMPUR: A weak earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale hit Sabah and other parts of Borneo at 3.23am today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
The epicentre of the quake was located at 31km north-west of Tarakan, Indonesia and 118km south-west of Tawau, Sabah, and the tremor was felt in Tawau, Sabah, the department said in a statement.
In TAWAU, the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) there received an emergency call on the earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale which hit Borneo.
According to a spokesman of the Tawau JBPM, the station received several calls from members of the public at about 3.30am regarding the incident.
"We received many calls from members of the public but so far, there had been no incidents that resulted in destruction of properties," he said here. -- BERNAMA