- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
KUALA LUMPUR: A weak earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale hit Sabah and other parts of Borneo at 3.23am today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.
The epicentre of the quake was located at 31km north-west of Tarakan, Indonesia and 118km south-west of Tawau, Sabah, and the tremor was felt in Tawau, Sabah, the department said in a statement.
In TAWAU, the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) there received an emergency call on the earthquake measuring 4.9 on the Richter scale which hit Borneo.
According to a spokesman of the Tawau JBPM, the station received several calls from members of the public at about 3.30am regarding the incident.
"We received many calls from members of the public but so far, there had been no incidents that resulted in destruction of properties," he said here. -- BERNAMA