- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain says evacuation delayed for safety
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing More
NEW YORK: New York City police pressed forward Sunday in investigating the deaths of four children and a woman who were stabbed at a Brooklyn residence, saying a person of interest had been taken into custody.
Officers arrived at the scene and found all five victims unconscious and unresponsive, police said. A 1-year-old boy and two girls, ages 7 and 9, were pronounced dead at the residence by emergency responders.
A boy, 5, and the 37-year-old woman were taken to two Brooklyn hospitals where they were pronounced dead, police said.
Authorities were withholding the victims’ names until family members had been properly notified.
Fire Department spokesman Jim Long said emergency workers responded just before 11 p.m. Saturday to a 911 call from a person stabbed at the residence in the Sunset Park neighborhood.
Adjoining two-story brick buildings sit on a tree-lined block in the working-class neighborhood where the stabbings occurred.
A neighbor May Chan told the Daily News it was “heartbreaking” to learn of the deaths.
“I always see (the kids) running around here,” Chan said. “They run around by my garage playing. They run up and down screaming.” AP