- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- Chinese flyby of asteroid shows space rock is "rubble"
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Malaysia lose to Thailand, Myanmar in sepak takraw
- Norway offers to fill empty Swedish prison cells
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating More
KUALA LUMPUR: Four youth pleaded not guilty in the Magistrate's Court, here, today to obstructing four Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) officers from carrying out their duties.
Religious affairs officer Muhammmad Karim Abdullah, 24, local university students Muhammad Aliff Hafiz Zainuddin, 21, and Ekhsan Bukharee Badarul Hisham, 21, and simcard salesman Shaiful Buhari Ramlan, 25, are accused of committing the offence at Dataran Merdeka in Jalan Raja at 12.50pm yesterday.
They allegedly obstructed Shamsuddin Othman, 53, Mohd Azmir Yusri Yusof, 29, Jamlus Hamzah, 51, and Mohd Radzif Majid, 32, from removing their tent that was set up without approval at Dataran Merdeka.
The charge under Section 186 of the Penal Code provides for imprisonment of up to two years or a fine of up to RM10,000, or both, upon conviction.
Magistrate Nur Azura Murah set May 10 for mention of the case and allowed bail of RM900 in one surety each for Muhammmad Karim and Muhammad Alif Hafiz, and RM1,000 bail in one surety each for Shaiful Buhari and Ekhsan Bukharee.
Prosecuting officer, Insp Nom Phot Prackdit appeared for the prosecution while the four accused were represented by counsel Faridah Mohamed, Mohd Haijam Omar, Farhana Halim and G. Sivamala. -- BERNAMA