- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MH370 : Statement from MAS chief executive
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370 : Previous MAS crashes and near misses
- MISSING MH370 : Pix gallery
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MH370 : Plane has been missing for 13 hours now
- MISSING MH370 : Nationalities of 239 passengers and crew
- MISSING MH370 : MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- MISSING MH370 : Family members keep vigil at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : MMEA deploys SAR team
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
40,000 people gather to greet Najib in Kuala Terengganu
KUALA TERENGGANU: More than 40,000 people joined the state-level Jelajah Janji Ditepati (JJD) programme which was launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak at Dataran Shahbandar here today.
In his speech, Najib said Terengganu could prosper and develop as it was being administered by the Barisan Nasional state government since 2004.
"With its friendly people, Terengganu has become a more developed under the BN ruling. Even the trishaw rider who ferried me just now said that Pas has done nothing for the state," he said.
Present were Prime Minister's wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said and Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek.
Najib also told the crowd that they should continue supporting the BN government as a vote for the coalition would help safeguard their faith, maintain unity and ensure better future for the country.
On the contrary, he said a vote for PKR would affect the Muslim's faith while a vote for Pas or DAP would divide and jeorpardise the Muslims.
Najib also hit out at the opposition leaders who said that the BR1M recipients were like livestock animals being fed with animal feed.
"If they cannot help the people, please do not hurl insults. What we do for the people are in line with the true Islamic teachings which compel the government to help the poor," he said to a thunderous applause from the crowd.
Earlier, Najib had also visited Pasar Besar Kedai Payang and took a ride on a trishaw to have breakfast with the people at the bus terminal's food court.