- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade More
MARANG: Some 500 houses in the districts of Kuala Terengganu, Marang and Setiu in Terengganu were damaged during a heavy storm yesterday.
Terengganu Welfare Department director Zuhami Omar said in the 3pm incident, at least three houses were damaged by falling trees in the village of Bukit
"We are currently assessing the situation," he told reporters after accompanying Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said to visit Kampung
Undang, one of the worst hit villages, here today.
The village suffered 104 houses being damaged as a result of the storm.
Meanwhile, Ahmad said the state government would get the authorities to extend aid to the victims without delay. - Bernama