- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Spain arrests man with vast child porn haul
- Malaysia shows improvement in Maths and Science
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president More
MARANG: Some 500 houses in the districts of Kuala Terengganu, Marang and Setiu in Terengganu were damaged during a heavy storm yesterday.
Terengganu Welfare Department director Zuhami Omar said in the 3pm incident, at least three houses were damaged by falling trees in the village of Bukit
"We are currently assessing the situation," he told reporters after accompanying Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said to visit Kampung
Undang, one of the worst hit villages, here today.
The village suffered 104 houses being damaged as a result of the storm.
Meanwhile, Ahmad said the state government would get the authorities to extend aid to the victims without delay. - Bernama