- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Thousands throng temples nationwide
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United More
60,000 volunteers to be mobilised to monitor prices ahead of Raya
Bera: Sixty-thousand volunteers nationwide will be mobilised next week to monitor price movements of controlled items ahead of the Aidilfitri celebration.
Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said they would be the "eyes" to the ministry to report on any illegal activities and profiteering.
"They will start their work after the Cabinet endorses 20 items as controlled-goods which include chicken, egg and meat," he told Bernama after attending a handing over ceremony for the second windfall payment to Mengkuang felda settlers, here, today.
On another note, Ismail Sabri reminded business operators to use 15-kg tins of cooking oil as the 1kg packets and 3kg bottles were meant for home users. -- Bernama