- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- BANTING MURDER: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- S. Korean girl killed by suicide jumper
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Moyes is the real deal
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- US soldier accused of secretly taping naked women
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Toddler drowns in pail of water More
GEORGE TOWN: Police detained seven Indonesian women aged 18 to 29, who worked as guest relations officers (GROs), in a raid at the Sri Kristal Farlim apartment, Ayer Itam, last night.
Northeast district police chief, ACP Gan Kong Meng said a police party from the Secret Society, Gambling and Anti-Vice Branch raided the premises at 8.30pm after surveilling it over a few days.
"Police believe the women were also involved in prostitution following the discovery of six packs of condoms and lubricants in a room at the place," he told reporters, here, today.
Gan said a 39-year-old man, believed to be the care-taker, was also arrested to facilitate the investigation under Section 372(B) of the Penal Code for carrying out vice activities.
He said the case was also being investigated under Section 6 (3) of the Immigration Act 1959/63 and 39(b) of the Immigration Regulations 1963.
"If convicted, the GROs can be jailed for up six months and fined up to RM1,000, or both," he added. -- BERNAMA