- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- “I thought I knew him...”
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend More
7 Myanmar nationals held over death of countryman
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have detained seven Myanmar nationals who were believed to be involved in a fight between two groups which ended with one of their countryman killed and three others injured at Jalan Landak, off Jalan Pudu, on Aidilfitri.
Kuala Lumpur Crime Investigation Department head, Datuk Ku Chin Wah, told a media conference here today that the suspects, all men, were detained in several locations in the city.
He said police were looking for other members of the two groups.
In another incident, Ku said a Nigerian student was killed after he was assaulted by a group of men, believed to be his own countrymen, on Aug 16.
The victim, who attended a college in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, was on his way home from a supermarket in Kepong when he was attacked at about 11.30pm, he
Ku said the victim, aged 27, was seriously injured and died on Aug 19 at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.
On house breaking incidents, Ku said a total of 48 cases were reported in the city during the period between Aug 16 and 21, with the highest cases, at 22,
recorded in Sentul. -- BERNAMA