- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 killed in crash
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Rare riot shocks Singapore
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Thai PM calls elections as protesters fight on
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- The real Bonnie and Clyde
- 13 missing commandos found
- Malaysia-Brunei bridge opens More
SEOUL: Police say eight people have been stabbed or cut in a rampage at a subway station just outside of South Korea’s capital.
Two police officers say no one was killed when a man used a large knife to attack people Saturday in Uijeongbu. They say a man was arrested running away from the station.
Authorities are still trying to figure out how serious the injuries are and what the motive was.
Uijeongbu, just outside of Seoul, houses U.S. and South Korean military bases.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the media.
South Korea’s Yonhap news agency says the attack lasted about 10 minutes. It says the victims were stabbed on a train and on the station platform. -- AP