- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Bound and gagged woman, 76, found dead at home
- 'Malaysia lacks specialists'
- Milan orders removal of naughty Christmas tree More
850 defence companies confirm participation at DSA 2012
KUALA LUMPUR: Some 850 defence and security industry companies from 45 countries have confirmed participation at 13th Defence Services Asia Exhibition and Conference (DSA ) 2012 here from April 16-19.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the exhibition at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) is expected to draw 25,000 trade visitors, including over 300 VVIP guests from 35 countries.
"Some 220 local defence and security companies are expected to confirm participation at this year's event. DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies Sdn Bhd (Deftech) will be the largest exhibitor at DSA 2012," he told reporters here today.
Also present at the press conference were Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin, Chief of Army, Gen Datuk Zulkifli Zainal Abidin and DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd chairman Tan Sri Asmat Kamaludin.
Zahid said a replica of 8x8 AV8 armoured personnel carrier (APC) by Deftech will also be on display at DSA 2012.
"The 8x8 prototype will not be ready but we have the mock-up. We expect the AV8 to be ready by year end. Users of the AV8 prototype include the armour unit, inventory and medical team."
Zahid said AV8 is the result of technology transfer by FNSS of Turkey and Denel Land Systems of South Africa to enable Malaysia make its first APC.
Highlight of DSA 2012 will be 'Putrajaya Forum 2012' from April 17-19 organised by Malaysian Institute of Defence and Security (Midas) and Ministry of Defence in collaboration with organiser DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd.
The forum with the theme "Enhancing Multilateralism for Regional Defence and Security" is the second Putrajaya Forum organised by Midas.
It is a defence and security dialogue that brings together over 300 local and international experts, military officers and security agencies, policymakers, researchers and industry players to address issues of strategic importance with Asean and countries with interests. - Bernama