- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggest 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Family members of passengers coping well with situation
- MISSING MH370: Chinese film stunt man on missing flight
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head
- MISSING MH370: Terrorism cannot be ruled out : CIA
- MISSING MH370: Airline probing report 2 visited cockpit in 2011 More
850 defence companies confirm participation at DSA 2012
KUALA LUMPUR: Some 850 defence and security industry companies from 45 countries have confirmed participation at 13th Defence Services Asia Exhibition and Conference (DSA ) 2012 here from April 16-19.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the exhibition at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) is expected to draw 25,000 trade visitors, including over 300 VVIP guests from 35 countries.
"Some 220 local defence and security companies are expected to confirm participation at this year's event. DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies Sdn Bhd (Deftech) will be the largest exhibitor at DSA 2012," he told reporters here today.
Also present at the press conference were Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin, Chief of Army, Gen Datuk Zulkifli Zainal Abidin and DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd chairman Tan Sri Asmat Kamaludin.
Zahid said a replica of 8x8 AV8 armoured personnel carrier (APC) by Deftech will also be on display at DSA 2012.
"The 8x8 prototype will not be ready but we have the mock-up. We expect the AV8 to be ready by year end. Users of the AV8 prototype include the armour unit, inventory and medical team."
Zahid said AV8 is the result of technology transfer by FNSS of Turkey and Denel Land Systems of South Africa to enable Malaysia make its first APC.
Highlight of DSA 2012 will be 'Putrajaya Forum 2012' from April 17-19 organised by Malaysian Institute of Defence and Security (Midas) and Ministry of Defence in collaboration with organiser DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd.
The forum with the theme "Enhancing Multilateralism for Regional Defence and Security" is the second Putrajaya Forum organised by Midas.
It is a defence and security dialogue that brings together over 300 local and international experts, military officers and security agencies, policymakers, researchers and industry players to address issues of strategic importance with Asean and countries with interests. - Bernama