- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- Trio gets death for trafficking cannabis
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- Esplanade gathering organiser hauled up
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Retired Anglican priest convicted of sex abuse
- Husband's friend held over housewife's death
- Water supply in KL restored: Syabas
- Taiwan fighter jet crashes, 2nd in a week
- Philippines approves three new wind farms
- Pakistan celebrates first woman up Everest
- Idris says he had relinquished SPNB chairman post
- Saudi women teachers demanding full time jobs More
850 defence companies confirm participation at DSA 2012
KUALA LUMPUR: Some 850 defence and security industry companies from 45 countries have confirmed participation at 13th Defence Services Asia Exhibition and Conference (DSA ) 2012 here from April 16-19.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the exhibition at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) is expected to draw 25,000 trade visitors, including over 300 VVIP guests from 35 countries.
"Some 220 local defence and security companies are expected to confirm participation at this year's event. DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies Sdn Bhd (Deftech) will be the largest exhibitor at DSA 2012," he told reporters here today.
Also present at the press conference were Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Tan Sri Zulkifeli Mohd Zin, Chief of Army, Gen Datuk Zulkifli Zainal Abidin and DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd chairman Tan Sri Asmat Kamaludin.
Zahid said a replica of 8x8 AV8 armoured personnel carrier (APC) by Deftech will also be on display at DSA 2012.
"The 8x8 prototype will not be ready but we have the mock-up. We expect the AV8 to be ready by year end. Users of the AV8 prototype include the armour unit, inventory and medical team."
Zahid said AV8 is the result of technology transfer by FNSS of Turkey and Denel Land Systems of South Africa to enable Malaysia make its first APC.
Highlight of DSA 2012 will be 'Putrajaya Forum 2012' from April 17-19 organised by Malaysian Institute of Defence and Security (Midas) and Ministry of Defence in collaboration with organiser DSA Exhibition and Conference Sdn Bhd.
The forum with the theme "Enhancing Multilateralism for Regional Defence and Security" is the second Putrajaya Forum organised by Midas.
It is a defence and security dialogue that brings together over 300 local and international experts, military officers and security agencies, policymakers, researchers and industry players to address issues of strategic importance with Asean and countries with interests. - Bernama