- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Floods fail to deter couple
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan More
SANTIAGO, DE CHILE: A 5.8 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale jolted the Antofagasta region, in the Norte Grande de Chile, Sunday.
The quake was registered at 06:25 local time at 170 kilometres depth.
According to the University of Chile's National Seismology Service, the epicentre of the quake was located in the Argentinean territory,at 118 kilometres east of Chilean San Pedro de Atacama locality, about 1200 kilometres of this capital.
The National Emergency Office has reported neither victims nor damage to the basic or infrastructure facilities as a result of the quake.
The director of Chile's Seismology Service, Sergio Barrientos, predicted that the next medium or short term quake could take place in the north or central part of the country.
Although most predictions point to the northern part of the Chilean territory as the most vulnerable to another big quake, Barrientos did not rule out that the central part can experience an over 8 magnitude quake on the Richter scale. -- BERNAMA-NNN-PRENSA LATINA