- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
Discovery Channels airs a gem of a documentary on the installation of our 14th King
BEHIND Malaysia’s shiny pillars of progress stands her staunchest symbol of tradition.
The programme, Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King, focuses on the installation of Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah, the Sultan of Kedah, as Malaysia’s 14th King.
It offers a profound passage in the royal history of the Malay Peninsula, where Sultan Abdul Halim makes history as the first person to assume this throne for the second time, 41 years after he first became Yang Di-Pertuan Agong.
Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King premieres next week on Discovery Channel.
In the unique system practised by Malaysia’s royal rulers, perhaps it is only fitting that the first complete cycle returns a ruler from not only the earliest Sultanate in the country but also one of the oldest in the world.
Iconic regalia and sacred rites that colour the ceremony will kick off adventures deep into the culture, archeology, geography and identity of the country.
Featuring real stories about Sultan Abdul Halim’s connection to the land and people of Kedah, Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King will provide compelling insights into the integral relationship between the peninsula’s royal rulers and its rakyat.
The peninsula is home to nearly a third of the world’s monarchs, and Sultan Abdul Halim’s installation as the 14th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong displays the spirit of “unity in diversity” that thrives at the heart of Malaysia.
The programme provides a window into understanding of how Malaysia continues to cultivate strength from her time-honoured traditions.
Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King will be aired on Jan 15 on Discovery Channel (Astro Ch 551) at 9pm with repeats Jan 16 at 8am and 2pm.