- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- Cops seize fake firearms
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- EAT WELL: Salty signals
- Korean Air orders 11 Boeing long-haul jets in $3.6bn deal
- Clearing up the wreckage More
Discovery Channels airs a gem of a documentary on the installation of our 14th King
BEHIND Malaysia’s shiny pillars of progress stands her staunchest symbol of tradition.
The programme, Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King, focuses on the installation of Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah, the Sultan of Kedah, as Malaysia’s 14th King.
It offers a profound passage in the royal history of the Malay Peninsula, where Sultan Abdul Halim makes history as the first person to assume this throne for the second time, 41 years after he first became Yang Di-Pertuan Agong.
Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King premieres next week on Discovery Channel.
In the unique system practised by Malaysia’s royal rulers, perhaps it is only fitting that the first complete cycle returns a ruler from not only the earliest Sultanate in the country but also one of the oldest in the world.
Iconic regalia and sacred rites that colour the ceremony will kick off adventures deep into the culture, archeology, geography and identity of the country.
Featuring real stories about Sultan Abdul Halim’s connection to the land and people of Kedah, Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King will provide compelling insights into the integral relationship between the peninsula’s royal rulers and its rakyat.
The peninsula is home to nearly a third of the world’s monarchs, and Sultan Abdul Halim’s installation as the 14th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong displays the spirit of “unity in diversity” that thrives at the heart of Malaysia.
The programme provides a window into understanding of how Malaysia continues to cultivate strength from her time-honoured traditions.
Revealed: Malaysia’s Majesty — Twice A King will be aired on Jan 15 on Discovery Channel (Astro Ch 551) at 9pm with repeats Jan 16 at 8am and 2pm.