- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- Forest fire affects water source in Kampung Raja
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- Zulfahmi concerned about machine
- Petronas, partners to sell 10pc of LNG project
- HOCKEY: Young Guns fired up for revenge
- Accumulate Hovid shares, says CIMB
- Johor disputes Singapore's statement over water rights
- Anwar sodomy trial: Defence witness was not consistent with his testimony More
A. Samad Said detained for making seditious remarks
KUALA LUMPUR: National laureate Datuk A. Samad Said has been detained for making seditious remarks on Merdeka Day eve celebrations.
Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Zainuddin Ahmad confirmed the arrest and said that the 72-year-old was being brought to the headquarters.
A. Samad would be questioned on a YouTube clip that has been circulating on social media sites which showed him reciting poetry and a man charging onto the stage and grabbing a few Sang Saka Malaya flags placed nearby on the eve of Merdeka Day.