- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- MH370 Tragedy: uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Fears grow for hundreds missing More
Abdul Farid Alias appointed new president and CEO of Maybank
KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, 45, has been officially appointed as Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank)’s president and chief executive officer, effective today.
Announcing this at a late afternoon media conference, the bank’s chairman Tan Sri Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor said Farid was chosen based on three main criteria.
These include having a strategic mindset to enhance the bank’s performance and boost value creative, the ability to engage with the bank’s employees and external stakeholders, as well as the courage and confidence to lead the bank in the current and future business environment.
Farid, meanwhile, said he will continue to execute the bank’s 2015 strategic plan to fulfil its vision to become a regional financial services leader by 2015.