- Riot in Singapore's Little India
- Cars burnt as workers riot in Singapore's Little India
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- New Miss France says proud of 'cosmopolitan' country
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Boat with 13 commandos feared capsized
- Former RMAF chief Mohamed Ngah dies
- US singer wows in 'Arabs Got Talent' show
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 'No place for Shia'
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Hockey: Malaysian Juniors qualify for quarter-finals at Junior World Cup More
Abdul Farid Alias appointed new president and CEO of Maybank
KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, 45, has been officially appointed as Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank)’s president and chief executive officer, effective today.
Announcing this at a late afternoon media conference, the bank’s chairman Tan Sri Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor said Farid was chosen based on three main criteria.
These include having a strategic mindset to enhance the bank’s performance and boost value creative, the ability to engage with the bank’s employees and external stakeholders, as well as the courage and confidence to lead the bank in the current and future business environment.
Farid, meanwhile, said he will continue to execute the bank’s 2015 strategic plan to fulfil its vision to become a regional financial services leader by 2015.