- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- BMW launches 420i coupe
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher More
KUALA LUMPUR: Actress Azean Irdawaty died at Universiti Malaya Medical Centre (PPUM), Petaling Jaya due to liver failure at 7.29pm, today.
The spokesman of the family, Faisal Mustaffa said the actress was admitted to the hospital on Dec 9 but was unconscious at midnight.
"The family members were prepared for this as she was not in her best of health lately,” said Faisal.
He added Azean’s family members and close friends were at the hospital when she passed away.
Azean, who started her career as an actress during the 70s, was a two-time winner of the 'Best Actress’ award - in 1980 through the film ‘Esok Masih Ada’ and ‘Langit Petang” in 1982.
Her last film was ‘Talentime’, directed by Yasmin Ahmad in 2009.