- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Youth slashed to death at karaoke centre
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Mourinho will win Chelsea the title
- Cops refute Guan Eng's inaction claim
- TNB: Beware of imposters
- Khairy set on 'breaking down walls'
- MCA: Unwise not to join cabinet
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets prosthetic hands
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Arsenal eye unsettled Rooney
- Mother of Delhi gang-rape victim pleads for justice: report
- Candice Glover wins 'American Idol'
- Facebook CEO turns 28: Does age matter? More
IPOH: The mother of actress Catriona Ross, Siti Zawiyah Abd Rahman, 63, was among three killed in an accident involving a car and an express bus at Kilometer 61.8 Jalan Raya Timur-Barat, near Gerik, early this morning.
Two others who perished in the 1am accident were identified as Sitah Abdullah, 53, and Norini Abdul Ghani, 43, who were also in the car with Siti.
Gerik police chief Supt Abdul Manab Baharum said all three died at the scene while the driver of the car, Mustapa Che Su, 54, was admitted at the Taiping Hospital with serious injuries.
"The Proton Saga car driven by Mustapa was trying to overtake a number of cars when it crashed head-on with an express bus that was coming from the
opposite direction, before landing in a ditch," he said.
He said the car was on its way to Gerik from Jeli when the accident happened.
Abdul Manap said all 29 passengers in the express bus were not injured. Bernama