- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Moyes driving us mad!
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- A party determined to transform
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly More
BAGAN DATOH: Terengganu Umno liaison chairman Datuk Seri Ahmad Said urged the people of Perak to not fall for the empty promises made by PAS to garner support for the 13th General Election.
He cited Terengganu in 1999 as an example, saying the state did not benefit from any development when it was under PAS rule.
"PAS is inconsistent and fickle. Every general election they only come up with a new manifesto but never deliver," he told reporters after launching the Bagan Datoh Barisan Nasional (BN) 13th General Election machinery, here today.
Also present at the event were Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and Bagan Datoh Umno division deputy chief and Rungkup assemblyman Datuk Shaarani Mohamad.
He called on the people of Perak to support the BN leadership and not give the opposition any more opportunities.
Meanwhile, Zahid who is also Bagan Datoh member of parliament said, based on the work and commitment put in by the BN leadership, he was optimistic that the party would be able to regain the Hutan Melintang state assembly seat held by Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate S.Kesavan.
"The spirit shown by BN members across the board proves that we would be able to regain the seat from the opposition. We will make up for our mistakes of the past," he added. Bernama