- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Death of Mandela: Passing of a great leader
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Floods fail to deter couple
- FLOOD: Flood victims at relief centres exceed 50,000
- 'Cult followers may be out for more hits'
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- Tribute to King of Thailand
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- PM's speech inspirational, motivating'
- Indian court orders fresh trial for Bollywood's Khan More
BAGAN DATOH: Terengganu Umno liaison chairman Datuk Seri Ahmad Said urged the people of Perak to not fall for the empty promises made by PAS to garner support for the 13th General Election.
He cited Terengganu in 1999 as an example, saying the state did not benefit from any development when it was under PAS rule.
"PAS is inconsistent and fickle. Every general election they only come up with a new manifesto but never deliver," he told reporters after launching the Bagan Datoh Barisan Nasional (BN) 13th General Election machinery, here today.
Also present at the event were Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and Bagan Datoh Umno division deputy chief and Rungkup assemblyman Datuk Shaarani Mohamad.
He called on the people of Perak to support the BN leadership and not give the opposition any more opportunities.
Meanwhile, Zahid who is also Bagan Datoh member of parliament said, based on the work and commitment put in by the BN leadership, he was optimistic that the party would be able to regain the Hutan Melintang state assembly seat held by Parti Keadilan Rakyat candidate S.Kesavan.
"The spirit shown by BN members across the board proves that we would be able to regain the seat from the opposition. We will make up for our mistakes of the past," he added. Bernama