- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite More
KUALA LUMPUR: Budget airline AirAsia is seeking to discuss potential areas of collaboration with stakeholders of the new Malindo Airways.
Its Group Chief Executive Officer Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said in this regard, he will be meeting with Lion Air's parent company, PT Lion Grup's (rpt Grup) President Director, Rusdi Kirana soon.
"We can collaborate with Malindo Airways. I am not here to make enemies. I will meet Rusdi over dinner soon.
"There are many thing that we can collaborate on. Personally, I respect Rusdi who has done a fantastic job in Indonesia," Fernandes told reporters after launching AirAsia's Badminton Academy, here today.
However, he said the competition between AirAsia and Malindo Airways, is still on.
"AirAsia has a very strong foothold in the regional aviation industry to face the competition.
"Without doubt, we will compete against each other. I know what it takes for an airline to win," he added.
National Aerospace and Defence Industries Sdn Bhd (Nadi) and PT Lion Grup will form the new frills-free Malindo Airways, which is poised to start operations in May 2013 using the soon-to-be completed KLIA2 in Sepang.
It plans to offer flights within Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as to Thailand, China, India, Japan and Australia.
Nadi owns a 51 per cent stake in Malindo Airways, with the balance held by the Lion Grup. -- BERNAMA