- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Respect rule of law, Karpal urged
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Investments up 44% More
KUALA LUMPUR -- AirAsia Bhd has given Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) a two-week grace period to beef up the safety and security measures in the parking areas of the Sepang Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) following a series of molestation cases.
Its regional head (customer experience & technology), Kamarulzaman Ahmad, said if MAHB failed to act within the given period, AirAsia would not hesitate to raise the issue to higher authorities and even take legal action.
At a media briefing today, Kamarulzaman said, of the four parking parcels, parcels B and D were the most dangerous, where the last three molestation cases took place there.
"There is lack of safety and security and there are not enough closed-circuit television cameras and security guards are rarely present.
"All we want is for the car parks to be walled up, have a proper and continuous security and covered walkway. Parcel D is the worst as it is beside an oil palm estate and there is no fence to separate the land and the lighting is bad," he said.
Kamarulzaman said parking charges for the staff were increased by 66 per cent recently and the company wanted the services to commensurate with the amount paid.
He said for the past three years, AirAsia officials had brought up issues of safety and security at the bi-weekly meetings with the LCCT management and was frustrated with the response from MAHB.
"Whether the parking areas are leased to a third party or not, it is the responsibility of MAHB to make sure everything, especially pertaining to security issues, are put in order," he said. -- Bernama