- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
'Allah' belongs only to Muslims and Islam: Jakim
KUALA LUMPUR -- The Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim) today repeated its stand that the word 'Allah' is a holy word that belongs only to Muslims and Islam and cannot apply to non-Muslims and other religions.
Its director-general, Datuk Othman Mustapha, said the matter had been finalised at the 82nd meeting of the Fatwa Committee of the National Council for Islamic Affairs on May 5 to 7, 2008.
"Therefore, it is compulsory for all Muslims to protect it to the best of their ability. Any attempts to insult or abuse the word must be prevented according to the provisions stipulated under the Federal Constitution," he said in a statement here today.
He said statements made by certain quarters to create racial and religious disharmony just for the sake of gaining political mileage were very disappointing.
Hence, he said Jakim would like to urge all quarters to return to the rule of law to ensure that racial and religious harmony was well preserved and protected under the Federal Constitution. -- BERNAMA