- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- IGP: Zero tolerance for street crimes
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Three people killed in road accident
- Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in London
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader More
'Allah' belongs only to Muslims and Islam: Jakim
KUALA LUMPUR -- The Malaysian Islamic Development Department (Jakim) today repeated its stand that the word 'Allah' is a holy word that belongs only to Muslims and Islam and cannot apply to non-Muslims and other religions.
Its director-general, Datuk Othman Mustapha, said the matter had been finalised at the 82nd meeting of the Fatwa Committee of the National Council for Islamic Affairs on May 5 to 7, 2008.
"Therefore, it is compulsory for all Muslims to protect it to the best of their ability. Any attempts to insult or abuse the word must be prevented according to the provisions stipulated under the Federal Constitution," he said in a statement here today.
He said statements made by certain quarters to create racial and religious disharmony just for the sake of gaining political mileage were very disappointing.
Hence, he said Jakim would like to urge all quarters to return to the rule of law to ensure that racial and religious harmony was well preserved and protected under the Federal Constitution. -- BERNAMA