- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- 3 Japanese firms keen to participate in S'pore-KL rail link project: PM
- HOCKEY: Juniors come good
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP More
KUALA LUMPUR: A controversial sex blogger and his Singaporean girlfriend claimed trial in the Sessions court today to publishing a seditious photograph on Facebook.
Alvin Tan, 25, and Vivian Lee, 24, were alleged to have published a photograph with seditious tendency in their Facebook page with the caption "Selamat Berbuka Puasa (dengan Bah Kut Teh)... Wangi, Enak, menyelerakan!" with a Halal logo on the picture.
They allegedly committed the offence at 10.48pm, Kompleks Mutiara Jalan Ipoh, between July 11 and 12.
The couple then claimed trial to a second charge of uploading a photograph to cause racial enmity at the same time and place.
Alvin and Vivian also pleaded not guilty to publishing obscene photographs in their blog at the same place between 9pm on July 6 and 2am on July 7.
Sessions Court judge Murtazadi Amran denied bail to both accused and fixed Aug 23 for mention.
Deputy public prosecutors Noorin Badaruddin, Nadia Mohd Izhar and Ishak Mohd Yusoff prosecuted.
The accused were represented by counsels Chong Joo Tian, Wong Kee Them and Nur Adilah Kamarzaman.