- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS More
KOTA KINABALU: An American man, who declined medical treatment for a mysterious head wound, was later found dead in his hotel room here yesterday.
Paire Jeffrey Scott, 42, who arrived in Sabah from the Philippines on Aug 8, checked into the hotel on Saturday.
State Criminal Investigations Department Chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Omar Mammah said the victim was nursing a head wound when he returned to the hotel at 1am yesterday.
“The hotel staff advised him to seek treatment but he declined and went to his room.
“When he failed to check out at 3pm, a staff went to check and found his body in the room,” he said.
He said police also found a United States naval warrant card belonging to the victim but was unsure if he was still in the force.
“We have classified the case as murder,” he said.