- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- MISSING MH370: How can jet disappear?
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Boeing joining Malaysia crash investigation
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China 'deploys satellites' in search for Malaysia plane
- MISSING MH370: Help from bomohs must be in accordance to Islam
- MISSING MH370: MAS to allocate 31,000 Yuan financial assistance
- MISSING MH370: A missing plane and emotional reunion on Twitter
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: No objects found
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370 More
KOTA KINABALU: An American man, who declined medical treatment for a mysterious head wound, was later found dead in his hotel room here yesterday.
Paire Jeffrey Scott, 42, who arrived in Sabah from the Philippines on Aug 8, checked into the hotel on Saturday.
State Criminal Investigations Department Chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Omar Mammah said the victim was nursing a head wound when he returned to the hotel at 1am yesterday.
“The hotel staff advised him to seek treatment but he declined and went to his room.
“When he failed to check out at 3pm, a staff went to check and found his body in the room,” he said.
He said police also found a United States naval warrant card belonging to the victim but was unsure if he was still in the force.
“We have classified the case as murder,” he said.