- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's maid unable to give statement yet
- Expert: Pilot may have attempted soft landing
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Karpal Singh's Death: Police were fully on duty until Karpal's cremation
- Young film director makes short film on selfish Malaysian drivers
- Councillor in critical condition after stabbed on chest
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Wenger wants Arsenal to prove their worth More
KOTA KINABALU: An American man, who declined medical treatment for a mysterious head wound, was later found dead in his hotel room here yesterday.
Paire Jeffrey Scott, 42, who arrived in Sabah from the Philippines on Aug 8, checked into the hotel on Saturday.
State Criminal Investigations Department Chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Omar Mammah said the victim was nursing a head wound when he returned to the hotel at 1am yesterday.
“The hotel staff advised him to seek treatment but he declined and went to his room.
“When he failed to check out at 3pm, a staff went to check and found his body in the room,” he said.
He said police also found a United States naval warrant card belonging to the victim but was unsure if he was still in the force.
“We have classified the case as murder,” he said.