- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Woman killed in crash
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite More
KOTA KINABALU: An American man, who declined medical treatment for a mysterious head wound, was later found dead in his hotel room here yesterday.
Paire Jeffrey Scott, 42, who arrived in Sabah from the Philippines on Aug 8, checked into the hotel on Saturday.
State Criminal Investigations Department Chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Omar Mammah said the victim was nursing a head wound when he returned to the hotel at 1am yesterday.
“The hotel staff advised him to seek treatment but he declined and went to his room.
“When he failed to check out at 3pm, a staff went to check and found his body in the room,” he said.
He said police also found a United States naval warrant card belonging to the victim but was unsure if he was still in the force.
“We have classified the case as murder,” he said.