- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- PM: Malaysia moving into 2nd phase of LEP
- 39 dead from plague in Madagascar: government More
PRAI: A factory technician succumbed to injuries on Tuesday night after sustaining extensive burns to his body in a fire at an oleochemicals factory at the Prai Industrial Estate recently.
It was learnt that Jamalludin Ismail, 39, of Sungai Bakap, died at the Seberang Jaya Hospital at 9pm on Tuesday after sustaining 50 per cent burns throughout his body.
The Monday morning fire broke out after an explosion took palce in a storage unit of a four-storey factory which produced vegetable-based stearates used in plastics, rubber, pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics industries.
Factory technician Roslan Othman, 40, died on the scene, while three others are still recovering at the Seberang Jaya Hospital.
Fire and Rescue Department officials ruled out foul play and initial investigations had revealed that the explosion might have been a result from a certain chemical reaction with a metal element.