- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Yang di-Pertua Negeri among thousands to bid farewell
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium More
PRAI: A factory technician succumbed to injuries on Tuesday night after sustaining extensive burns to his body in a fire at an oleochemicals factory at the Prai Industrial Estate recently.
It was learnt that Jamalludin Ismail, 39, of Sungai Bakap, died at the Seberang Jaya Hospital at 9pm on Tuesday after sustaining 50 per cent burns throughout his body.
The Monday morning fire broke out after an explosion took palce in a storage unit of a four-storey factory which produced vegetable-based stearates used in plastics, rubber, pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics industries.
Factory technician Roslan Othman, 40, died on the scene, while three others are still recovering at the Seberang Jaya Hospital.
Fire and Rescue Department officials ruled out foul play and initial investigations had revealed that the explosion might have been a result from a certain chemical reaction with a metal element.