- UPDATE: MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people: carrier
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- Statement on missing MAS plane, Flight MH370: CEO
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- PAC will not investigate Malaysia Airlines
- PKR has other leaders who can contest Kajang by-election: Anwar
- Anwar's supporters turn aggressive
- KDN explains ban on 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- Anwar can't contest in Kajang by-election: Karpal
- MAS should merge with other international airlines
- The truth always prevails, says Saiful Bukhari
- Johor: We have not waived our right on water rates
- Kajang voters have opportunity to elect a responsible assemblyman
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production More
PRAI: A factory technician succumbed to injuries on Tuesday night after sustaining extensive burns to his body in a fire at an oleochemicals factory at the Prai Industrial Estate recently.
It was learnt that Jamalludin Ismail, 39, of Sungai Bakap, died at the Seberang Jaya Hospital at 9pm on Tuesday after sustaining 50 per cent burns throughout his body.
The Monday morning fire broke out after an explosion took palce in a storage unit of a four-storey factory which produced vegetable-based stearates used in plastics, rubber, pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics industries.
Factory technician Roslan Othman, 40, died on the scene, while three others are still recovering at the Seberang Jaya Hospital.
Fire and Rescue Department officials ruled out foul play and initial investigations had revealed that the explosion might have been a result from a certain chemical reaction with a metal element.