- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Najib leaves for Tokyo
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- 2013 SEA GAMES: 8th day results involving Malaysia
- 11 commando trainees, 2 instructors to get Pingat Gagah Berani
- Celebrations on hold
- Mandela family 'humbled' by thousands turning out in cold, rain More
APC Adnan armoured vehicle used in Ops Daulat star at Armed Forces Open Day
LAHAD DATU: Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC Adnan) variants equipped with either 20mm cannon one man turret or two turret mounted 7.62mm machine guns and deployed during Ops Daulat were the main attraction at the Armed Forces Open Day held at Felda Sahabat today.
APC Adnan, the Malaysian Army’s formidable armoured vehicle that was deployed throughout Ops Daulat was put on display for public viewing.
Captain Bukhairy Bakar from Battalion 7 of the Royal Regiment Rangers said the armoured vehicles were used to carry out attacks from a distance of seven kilometres.
Bukhairy who was tasked to handle an APC Adnan during Ops Daulat was stationed beside the vehicle to brief visitors of its functions.
Other assets on display were Royal Malaysian Air Force Nuri Helicopters,A gusta Wesland Loh Helicopters, Hawk, APC Condor, Mortar, Artillery and Snipers.
Visitors were treated to a mock armed combat and various demonstrations carried out by Armed Forces personnel who had taken part in Ops Daulat.
A survey by Bernama saw visitors, especially the younger generation, curious to try out such equipment while some took the opportunity to take pictures with armoured vehicles and Armed Forces personnel. -- BERNAMA