- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Take photo at counter
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Ministry forms panel for PISA
- RTD officer, suspect in heavy machinery theft, detained
- Thousands questioned in widening crackdown after Singapore riot
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media More
KUALA LUMPUR: Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) via Amanah Saham Nasional Bhd (ASNB) today announced an income distribution of 6.50 sen per unit for Amanah Saham Nasional 2 (ASN2) for the financial year ending June 30, 2012.
This is an increase of 1.00 sen per unit compared to the income distribution of 5.50 sen per unit announced the previous year.
PNB Chairman Tun Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid said the income distribution will involve a total payment of RM11.9 million and benefit a total of 8,483 unit holders who collectively own 183 million ASN2 units.
Ahmad Sarji said overall, the fund performed well throughout the financial year ending June 30, 2012 although the performance of the bourse and the world economy has been uncertain due to the prolonged eurozone debt crisis.
"The FBM KLCI index increased by 1.52 per cent from 1,579.07 points recorded in June 30, 2011 to 1,603.07 points recorded on June 22, 2012," he said at a press conference today.
Up to June 22, 2012, he said, ASN2 has recorded a gross income of RM15.08 million and dividend income from investee companies contributed RM10.07 million or 66.8 per cent of gross income, while profit from the sale of shares contributed RM3.25 million or 21.5 per cent.
He said the remaining income of RM1.76 million or 11.7 per cent is derived from other investments.
He added that all transactions for ASN2 at ASNB offices and agents have been suspended from June 22 to July 1, 2012, to facilitate the calculation of income distribution.
Meanwhile, PNB President and Group Chief Executive Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman also announced the maximum investment limit for ASB Akaun Remaja will be increased from 10,000 units to 50,000 units.
"This step is taken to encourage parents to develop a financial plan for their children and in October last year, ASNB amended the eligible age for ASB investors from 12 years old to 6 months old," he said.
On the Labur On-Line campaign, Hamad Kama Piah said it is open to ASB account holders utilising the internet banking facility through Maybank2u, CIMBClicks, AffinOnline and RHBNow.
He said the campaign will be held for three months from July 1 to Sept 30, 2012. Bernama