- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Potential water crisis in Selangor, KL, Putrajaya from July 2014
- Highway bridge collapses in US; people in water
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- UK treating plane incident as criminal, not terror-related More
PUTRAJAYA: Famed Australian youth concert band, The Southern Stars will perform for the first time in Malaysia at the 'Floria Putrajaya 2012' at the Waterfront Precinct 2, here.
The Southern Stars, who are also a marching band, will perform at 5pm tomorrow and July 5 during the nine-day festivities, said Putrajaya Corporation in a statement today.
The Australian Youth Band holds the title as the premier concert and marching band in Melbourne and Victoria.
The band has performed all over the world including at Calgary Stampede Parade in Canada, Beijing International Youth Festival in China, World Marching Band Festival in Japan and premier sporting events such as the Davis Cup Tennis Finals.
Floria Putrajaya 2012 is open to the public today until July 8 from 9am to 10pm on Monday to Thursday and 9am to midnight on Friday until Sunday.
More than 400,000 trees of various species and cultured flowers and plants, and decorative plants from tropical and sub-tropical regions are on display. Bernama